If you’re among the growing number of people working from home, you may consider joining a co-working space. Co-working can be a great way to get out of your home office and benefit from the social and professional interactions co-workers can provide. But it’s essential to choose a suitable co-working space for you. Here are 14 ways to survive and thrive in a co-working environment.
- Get to know your co-workers. Chances are, you have something in common with them, so take the time to learn about them. You may find that you have a lot to offer one another professionally and personally.
- Set boundaries. Just because you’re working in the same space doesn’t mean you have to interact with your co-workers constantly. If you need some alone time, set some boundaries and let your co-workers know when they can (and can’t) talk to you.
- Stay organized. Co-working spaces can often be chaotic, so it’s crucial to stay organized so you can find what you need when you need it. Create a system for yourself and stick to it.
Pro Tip: Make sure you have a system for keeping track of your work and using tools like to-do lists and calendars. If you’re in Melbourne, you can visit https://www.justcoglobal.com/au/locations/melbourne.
- Take breaks. Just because you’re working in a shared space doesn’t mean you can’t take vacations. Get up and walk around, get some fresh air, and talk to your co-workers. Breaks are essential for your mental health and productivity.
- Communicate with your co-workers. One of the best things about co-working is instant access to people who can help you with your work. If you need help with something, don’t be afraid to ask your co-workers.
- Set goals. Having goals is a great way to stay focused and motivated when working in a co-working space. Make sure your goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound.
- Use the resources available to you. Co-working spaces are often filled with people willing to share their knowledge and expertise. Take advantage of the resources that are available to you, and learn as much as you can.
- Respect the Staff. The staff in a co-working space play an important role in maintaining the environment and culture. Be respectful of them and their time, and be sure to follow the space rules.
- Get involved in the community. Co-working spaces are often filled with passionate people about entrepreneurship and creativity. Get involved in the community, and connect with people who share your interests.
- Have fun! Working in a co-working space can be a lot of fun, especially if you’re surrounded by people who share your interests. Make sure to take some time to relax and enjoy yourself.
- Keep it clean. Make sure to keep your workspace clean and organized. This will make it easier for everyone to work productively.
- Don’t be a distraction. Avoid talking on the phone or having long conversations with your co-workers. If you need to have a private discussion, step outside the space.
- Respect the rules. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the regulations of the co-working space before you start working there. Follow these rules and be respectful of your co-workers.
- Be social. One of the best things about co-working spaces is that they provide an excellent opportunity to meet new people and network with others in your field. Make sure to take advantage of this opportunity and connect with people who can help you grow your business.